Tuesday, August 14, 2018

First Day!

We had a great first day! We discussed expectations and procedures, became reacquainted with old friends, made new ones -- and had a lot of fun!

I feel very fortunate to have the opportunity to teacher your children this year, and I look forward to getting to know all of the Room 14 families as the year progresses.  

We are better together, and I am eager to partner with all of you to ensure your children are ready to embark on a successful middle school experience at the end of the year.

I have sent home a packet of Room 14 paper work, which includes:

  • The 5th grade Welcome Letter
  • Homework Policy
  • Information about the first novel we will read: The Wild Robot
  • Family and Student questionaires

I know families are inundated with paperwork this time of year, but I tried to keep it manageable!

Students were told about the monthly book reports today; our first genre will be Animal Fiction.  This book should be read by September 12th. I will be sending home a letter about book reports tomorrow.

Planners are an essential tool for middle school, and beyond, so 5th graders are expected to use their planners daily. I will post daily homework on this page as a back up. 

Homework:
- Read (at least) 20 minutes
- Complete Back to School Paperwork
- Write a question for Mystery Doug

No comments:

Post a Comment