Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Wednesday

It was so wonderful to see all of my students back in the classroom today!! I'm really excited to get back to work. The kids can tell you -- I pushed them to do a lot today!

Thank you so much to all of the parents and families who supported us in whatever way you were able! 

The biggest gain, in my opinion, is an increased awareness among all stakeholders about all of the different players involved in public education, and what we all can do to bring about change.

A couple of quick notes:

1) I have submitted all teacher recommendations for next year. If you need me to call to make sure yours was received, please let me know. I'm more than happy to call to check.

2) Please check folders for information about Class Dojo. As I mentioned before break, I will be switching back to Dojo because the teacher interface is much more straightforward than ClassCraft.

3) Our Walk Through the American Revolution takes place next Wednesday! All students have been assigned roles, and are expected to have some sort of costume. (I showed the class a photo of my son, from when he was in the 5th grade play, with a costume we put together from the Goodwill. It doesn't have to be crazy!) I will be emailing you links to videos about how to make some "Colonial America" costume elements.

Homework:
- Read AT LEAST 20 minutes
- MATH: page 81 ALL, page  82 ODD
- ELA: Close Reading - "Our Snowman Secret"
- Social Studies: "The Major Battles of the Revolutionary War" DUE Friday

Ongoing & Upcoming:
- Biography Book DUE: 2/13
- Walk Through the American Revolution on 1/30 (11:45-2:15)
- Black History Month performance on 2/15 (Assembly)
- 40 Book Challenge -- keep going!

No comments:

Post a Comment